Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Milas Franks Letter

  1. #11
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    Milas Franks = idiot

    he is the most ignorant educated man i know...
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    I don't understand why you think Pound has a beef with Kelly. As I stated once before over this there is no problem with ME and my kids consolidating to a New school with Kelly. The situation I was trying to point out was the ones who are Seniors at the time would probably want to graduate under their schools name. No big deal to try and make out of this. I am all for what is best for my children the same as you are for yours. I hate the way this was even brought out, alot of lies behind our backs and no straight forward answers when questioned about it. First they tried it with appy then pound. Now I believe this will eventually take place with all these schools around here and that is fine with me if it is done right and it benefits the kids in the long run academically. And NO I never stated I didn't want my child to consolidate because of sports that is crazy to even think that way. As a matter of fact I was going to transfer my oldest son to Wise 2 years ago, so that should show you I have no problem with my children consolidating with Wise. The way things are run around here at times you don't know who to believe and what to believe. We vote these people in and they promise one thing and turn around and do the opposite. That is the problem I have. When this first started there really was no good plans made about it, and when questioned they denied it. So yeah I think if it is done right and it helps all kids academically then fine with me consolidate.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    If I had thought that you were one of the 90% that was looking at this athletically, I would have used your name in my post. The beef with Kelly deal comes from listening to many folks from Pound who are whining, bitching, and crying about this. If you listen to the masses from Wise, you'll come to the same conclusion about a beef with Pound. That's just the way it is. All you have to do is open your ears, and you'll hear it. Here's hoping that open minds and cooler heads will prevail when the inevitable arrives.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    Let's see there were 6 people who posted after me and then when you posted you posted to ME. So yes I took it you were implying to me. I have worked in Wise for 12 years, I see all the teachers, students and even the Board members. I also have discussed this topic with them when all this first came out and there was no bad blood between the two schools that I heard. So whatever masses you are talking about I haven't heard them and really could care less what they say and think because it is quite ridiculous IMO. The best thing they can do is goto the meetings and voice their opinion there to the Board. As far as anyone from Pound goes all this Bitching, whining, and crying as you put it I think you are wrong about why they are. We could care less who they want us to consolidate with it was the fact something was said that our students would join Kelly in their Highschool for now without a New School built. Man what kind of plan is that? There is no students going to want to leave their highschool only to go into someone else's. That was the problem as far as I heard. But since you know that Kelly and Pound hates one another so much than maybe you should goto the Board yourself and all these masses of people and voice that you want to consolidate with someone else. You can rest assure it will NOT hurt my feelings in the least bit.

  5. #15
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    You dont have to wear coats in the winter. Thats an overstatement.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    hmm..when I was there I had to wear one all winter 'round, unless it was a particularly warm day.
    I didn't care for being uncomfortable, so I wore my coat to keep warm.
    The windows wouldnt close all the way, and the heat registers were right under the windows.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    No one was 'calling' any one person out.
    It was just a discussion, not a war.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    I was there give or take the same time you were for a portion of at least, went there graduated there and now work there, cases of it being to hot (as in the summer with no AC, as it is everywhere) but no use of coats as a majority thing, maybe you just chill a little quicker, but I would have to disagree with you on the statement as a whole.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    Did anyone else read the article on the new Superintendent in the Coalfield? The last county he was in had one high school for the same amount of students that are in Wise County, which has six. Consolidation is just around the corner and I believe it would have already happened if the school board had not brought St. Paul onto the list of schools to be consolidated. If the county no longer receives money from the coal severance tax, which is in court right now, then I don't see how they can afford to keep schools open that have less than 300 students in them.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  10. #20
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Milas Franks Letter

    Milas Franks.

    Smart man but lost his own business due to lack of not being able to compete with Lowe's.
    Problem is not consolidation. It's about building new schools, not refurbishing old ruins.
    Not until we build two or three new highschools will we see consolidation.
    Sorry folks but that is the concensus from all. Pound, Appy and St. Paul.
    Were not as stupid as some think. And it is just time a few take notice.
    Milas Franks means well money wise. But you have to look at it from that. Money wise. Folks who have it protect it. The poor work for it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •